Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

June 26, 2013

Iced Coffee, Anyone?

I can't believe that it's the middle of the week already; it's amazing how quickly time flies.  I wish it wouldn't. I'd like to capture the summer days and make them last forever...they can be a rare commodity in our neck of the woods.  Winter seems to take more than its fair share of the 365 days in a year, so I want to savor these long, warm, sunny days.
I want to wear colorful, argyle wellies and a sundress while I work in the garden...
Enjoy some girly talk while pulling weeds...
Allow the Little Ones run to around the yard in bathing and suits and wet hair...
Watch them discover the joy of picking flowers, finding worms, and eating popsicles...
Let the grass tickles Baby's chubby feet for the first time...
I simply adore summer...I live for it...I look forward to it all year long.  I enjoy the longer days; right now the sun rises around 5:00 am and goes down around 8:30 pm in our corner of the world.  I love the sounds of summer...the birds, the frogs and peepers, the crickets.  I enjoy going to the seaside, driving with the windows down, stopping at flea markets and yard sales, planting and harvesting the garden, watching the fireflies light up the yard at night, and sipping iced coffee while reading a magazine under the maple tree.
 In honor of summer and drinking lots of iced coffee under the maple tree, I want to share with you my favorite iced coffee recipe that I found on pinterest.  I don't always have the forethought to prepare it ahead of time, but when I do....mmmmm...it is delicious.  Adding ice, sugar and cream to leftover coffee made in the morning will do, but pouring a glass (or in my case, a mason jar) full of this cold-brewed coffee is much more satisfying.

The Best Iced Coffee You Will Ever Drink
1/2-2/3 cup ground coffee
1 tsp cinnamon
3 TBS dark brown sugar
3-4 cups of cold water, 
Mix all of the ingredients together, let sit overnight in fridge, strain, pour over ice and add cream. Enjoy!!!!




3 comments:

  1. Love iced coffee! I've been using the pioneer woman's directions, which are basically the same as yours, but on a larger scale. She also has an AMAZING coffee cake recipe. As in coffee flavor, not a streusel topped cake you eat while drinking coffee. Which is also good. I make a coffee cream cheese frosting rather than her given recipe, I found it a bit too sweet. I'm getting ready to make another one for my mom's birthday today. I love your little girl's swimsuit, it is so cute! And those baby legs! So squishy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out the coffee cake recipe...sounds delicious! And coffee cream cheese frosting...mmmmmmm! Thanks for stopping by, Michelle. I always love reading your comments. Oh, and I'm really happy to read that you are using and like my laundry soap recipe. :)

      Delete
  2. I love iced coffee. Those chubby legs just made my heart turn over. Precious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...