Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May 30, 2013

Thrifted Treasures #2

I'm so excited about sharing my thrifty treasures with you today, actually, I couldn't wait!  I was beside myself when I spotted these charming tea cup and saucer sets...three of them for $1.99 each!  The dainty, blue and white, floral pattern immediately caught my eye.  I have a small collection of Blue Willow Ware that I am slowly building, and I love displaying a few pieces at a time in my kitchen; I enjoy catching a glimpse of that little pop of perfect blue.
I can't say enough how much I adore this delicate, floral pattern...such vintage goodness!!!
My excitement continued when I flipped a saucer over and found that they were Ironstone, a dish collection that I am very quickly becoming passionate about.  This pattern was originally made by EIT (English Ironstone Tableware) in the 1960's, so not extremely old...yet, because EIT is no longer in existence, these sweet little tea cups and saucers are becoming collectibles.
 To be honest with you, though, I wouldn't have cared if the pieces were cheaply made for the Dollar Store with "Microwave and Dishwasher Safe" printed on the bottoms of the them.  I fell in love with that delightful floral pattern the instant I saw it, completely unaware that it was Ironstone. 


I found one matching bowl, too!


Aren't they just lovely?

Although, I love browsing the housewares section for that special trinket that, you know, I just must have, I also have to be practical.  I mustn't forget the ten Littles that need to be clothed.

So now for a few of those not-so-exciting-practical items...

...some clothes for the Littles.

     *RL Polo Shirt, like new condition
     *Gap Trousers
     *Keds Sneakers, Brand New
The best part???  All three of these items were $.50 each!


And a $.75 apron for me.

Well, I must be going...lots to do today. The Littles are winding down with their school work and are anxious to have it completed so they can begin their summer vacation. Thirty tomato plants are sitting next to my garden fence, dying to be planted, and a couple packages of bush beans are threatening not to grow if I don't get them in the ground soon.  Cliff Swallows are building a nest under the eaves, and they are begging for an audience armed with a camera.  I'm off!  Have a great day!

Linked with Brambleberry CottageThe Shabby Creek CottageTwo Yellow Birds DecorBeyond the Picket FenceDomesblissityLiving Well, Spending LessLive, Laugh, Rowe52 MantelsChic on a Shoestring,Boogieboard Cottagei should be mopping the floorSew Can DoNot JUST A HousewifeMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaHome Stories A to ZClean & ScentsibleMostly HomemadeThe Dedicated House


10 comments:

  1. So pretty!! And the flowers are gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dishes are adorable! I love that pattern and the blue & white mix!
    Stopping by from the link party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily- when you said ten littles- did you mean you have 10 children? and a blog? Anyway, I will pick mu chin from the floor and tell you your cups and saucers are lovely! What a great deal! The little outfit is so cute and looks new. That's smart and being a very good steward. Now I am going to explore your blog and try to find photos of your darlings! You are so blessed!

    Peace,
    Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Linda, I have ten children...wow, even I surprise myself when I say the number "ten". And, yes, each and every one of them are a blessing. :)
    Thanks for your sweet comment. It's amazing how much encouragement one can get from a kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is awesome to have 10 littles! I hope one day to have at least 6 littles - we have one bio little, and are fostering to adopt and we can have only 5 more littles. they are little blessings for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have these same dishes purchased in the 1990's at a department store. Still love them to this day! Can't beat blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful!!! Do you have the whole set? I think this pattern (Provence Blue) is one of the prettiest I have ever laid my eyes on. Thanks for sharing with me.

      Delete
  7. They are so pretty-what a gorgeous pattern! I'm a fan of blue and white too!

    If you have a minute to spare I'd be so thrilled if you could share this post at my weekly Say G'day linky party. It's on right now and this post would be a perfect addition!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily: I have these dishes; 12 place settings! We bought them, 30 years ago, as our every day dishes and all these years later, we still use them every day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...