|Moment captured by my daughter.|
Good morning! I hope you all had a blessed Easter weekend and are enjoying your week thus far. Our week, here at Front Forty, is going well, however, it has been quite busy. The Littles are taking a spring vacation (the schools in our state are on April break, and even though we homeschool, we decided that a break was in order for us as well); track season is in full swing, and spring chores, both inside and out, are calling to both Hubby and me. I haven't had much of an opportunity for blogging or use of my computer, not to mention, our internet has been quite patchy the past few days. I am popping in quickly, while the Littles are building dams in the water that is running through our driveway, hoping to publish this post before my internet conks out on me again.
I have been inspired by Annie of Knitsofacto to write a "random things" post. They can be lots of fun, and I so enjoyed reading Annie's list that I decided to take her up on her suggestion of posting my own list.
1. Both my maternal and paternal grandfathers share the same birthday, March 17...same year as well.
2. My plans after college were to work with children in the inner city (New York City). I never thought I would be living in the country (in the same town I grew up in), homesteading with ten children of my own.
3. Playing a game of hide-and-go seek as a young girl, I once thought I had found the perfect hiding spot behind an old, rusty snow plow I found in the woods, only to be found rather quickly after letting out a blood curdling screech after realizing I had crouched down upon a coiled up snake (not poisonous, of course).
4. I am very afraid of heights...can't even get past the third rung of a ladder.
5. A paternal relative was once involved in saving the life of King Henry VIII, and another paternal relative, Joseph "Handkerchief" Moody was thought to be the inspiration for Nathaniel Hawthorne's short story, "The Minister's Black Veil".
6. I love cats.
7. In high school I ran track and field, competing in the triple jump, the long jump, the 100m race, and the 4x100 relay (and I wasn't too bad at it).
8. After eight years of piano lessons, I still can't play the piano.
9. The diamond in my engagement ring fell out if it's setting, and my daughter found it one year later in our driveway.
10. As a little girl, I asked my parents if I could have at least one brother or sister. My mother told me to bring my request to God...I ended up with nine of them.