Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

June 17, 2013

Monday Morning Recap

Good Monday to you all!  The sun is shining in my corner; the kids are officially on summer break, and my garden is finally all planted (thanks to the help of my wonderful father-in-law).

I would love to share a few farm highlights from last week, but first of all I want to thank Suzanne at Pieced Pastimes, Aimee at It's Overflowing and Ruth at Living Well, Spending Less for featuring me on their blogs this past week.  As a new blogger, I can not even begin to tell you how excited, flabbergasted and honored I was to see my posts pictured on their sites!!! I was dancing around on cloud nine, talking incessantly to Hubby about it.  I never expected what I had to share would be interesting enough to be featured on another blog. Thanks ladies for choosing my posts to feature on your beautiful websites...it has encouraged and inspired me to keep blogging.  Please, go check out these lovely ladies' charming blogs.

On to the farm...the older boys helped me prepare the squash garden for planting. They were less than thrilled about pulling all those weeds, but reminding them that they were working towards a much-longed-for Lego set quickly pushed them into action.
 It looks like their next project will be to finish painting the fence and give the old chicken coop a fresh new face. Thanks to their help, I was able to plant the Buttercup and Delicata squash along with a few flowers. 
The Little's played a bit of soccer...
...and then lost one of their balls in the wild blackberry patch.
They searched and searched...

...and finally found it!!!
I mixed up some of my Weed Killer and sprayed it on my brick walk-way.  The weeds were very quickly creeping in and swallowing up the path. Once those pesky weeds are dead, I will sprinkle the entire area with baking soda to keep them from coming back.
 Little #6 helped me prime my sprayer.
I weeded the peas and trained them to use the fence for climbing...poor peas, I could barely find them in all of the weeds...
...much better!
I rototilled the rest of the vegetable garden and then took this picture.
Inspired by Lucy, at Attic24, who takes monthly pictures of the Yorkshire Dales from her attic window, I decided to take monthly pictures of my garden, so that I  can go back and see it's progress through-out the summer. This picture was taken on June 15 after everything was finally planted 
Here is the tomato patch.  Not much to see right now, but I'm hoping the July 15 picture will show a big difference in growth.
I started a project that I can't wait to share with you in few weeks (if it turns out as planned). I'm so excited about it...I've waited months to start it. I'll give you a little hint; it's involves these...
 ...and this.
Hmmmmm...uncommon combination, wild roses and a meat grinder!!!  ;)

The Littles gave Hubby a gold-panning kit for Father's Day, and they went on their first outing yesterday afternoon to the river that runs behind our house.  They didn't strike it rich, but they had lots of fun.

I stayed back with the tiny Littles and listened to Beethoven with Little #7.  After watching this movie Saturday night, I was inspired to open the windows and crank the volume to Moonlight Sonata, Symphony No. 5, and The Pastoral-Sixth Symphony. Little #7 tried to squeak in some Mozart (he likes Mozart's more peppy pieces that he can dance to), but I told him the afternoon was dedicated to Beethoven, but we would have an all-Mozart afternoon very soon.  I'm excited, that at only five years old, he is already learning to love classical music and knows the name of a few composers.

It looks like it's going to be an exciting week here in the "home addition" area.  Lots of great progress has been made on it, and I'm hoping to add some more pictures to Instagram and maybe even post a second edition of "The Story of Our House" this week.

Thanks for stopping by my little corner.  I hope you have a great week!

Linked with A Bowl Full of Lemons

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful family! Lucy is one of my all time favorite bloggers! I also really enjoy Alicia Paulsen. Looking forward to more of your house story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have had a productive few days complete with great little helpers! Looking forward to see how your garden grows! and also looking forward to more of your house story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found you from Chic... and went all through your blog entries. Your little corner of New England is beautiful and I am so impressed with your house built with so many precious memories. I will be back, thanks for the inspiration! Michele

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...