Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

July 18, 2013

Thursday's Simple Pleasures

It's been "one of those weeks" at Front Forty Farm...teenagers being teenagers, a sick kitty, a baby covered in hives, and a broken refrigerator with temperatures soaring into the 90's.  I think it's time to take a break and enjoy a few simple pleasures...

Discovering a rainbow after the storm
Roasting marshmallows over a camp fire
A bowl full of freshly picked blueberries
Relaxing in the hammock on a Sunday afternoon
Spending time in the garden with a special little girl
 A "new" thrifted dress

Finding remnants of playtime at the end of a day
Watching the Cliff Swallows build nests and care for their young in the eves of our new addition (7 nests so far)...do you see the mama's peaking their heads out?
A sunny yellow pansy face
A new magazine...

Two furry friends
My garden at sunset
Fresh flowers in a favorite vase
Thanks for stopping in and sharing my simple pleasures with me. I like reminding myself, especially when things get a bit rough, of how blessed I really am.

Just to let you all know...my baby suffering from the hives is now feeling much better, no more hives; my sick kitty has recovered quite nicely (she is eighteen years old and her kidneys are failing, but a couple doses of subcutaneous fluids have jump started those old kidneys yet again. My teenagers are still teenagers, but yesterday's speed bump is behind us, and my refrigerator is running at a cool 37 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...