Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

September 29, 2013

Road Trip for Hubby and Me

Hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary this coming week, and with all the business of the fall, we wanted to take some time for just the two of us.  With the help of our neighbors and grandparents, Hubby and I were able to take a road trip on Friday, just the two of us, all day.
After enjoying a hearty breakfast, our first stop was a little British Goods shop. With a love for all things British, my curiosity was piqued when I first heard of it, so we both agreed that it would be a great place to begin our day.  Although it was typical of most gift shops, with overpriced mugs, posters, and trinkets, we did enjoy browsing all the British goodies and actually found a few things to purchase. We couldn't pass up the PG Tips that were discounted 30%, and Hubby found a tea made especially for him, "Builders" tea. We couldn't resist buying a box.  I settled for a pack of British flag stickers, thinking I may put one on my car (I'm not a bumper-sticker kind of gal, so sticking a 2" British flag on the rear of my car is a big step) We'll see if I actually get around to doing it.



After leaving the gift shop, we did a little Goodwill shopping then stopped for coffee and tea and some silly picture taking.  Hubby always looks good in the photos taken of him, but I, on the other hand, am not so photogenic, and the embarrassment of having my picture taken makes me look even sillier in the photos. It was fun letting our guard down and being goofy for a moment, though.


After we realized we weren't going to get that "awww-what-a-cute-couple" picture, we decided to take our hot drinks and walk to the water front.  The weather was glorious, warm and sunny, and the harbor was alive with activity.  Boats of all shapes and sizes were coming and going; tug boats, island ferries, sailboats, small taxis, even a large cruise ship was docked in the port.
Before the long drive home, we enjoyed a delightful dinner outside overlooking the water.  The sun was shining; the air was warm; the ocean and sky were the most delightful shade of blue; the food was divine, and I was sharing all of it with my best friend and love of my life.  I couldn't have asked for anything more.  
What a great day!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...