Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

December 2, 2014

Christmas Knitting

Good morning to you all.  It's good to be back.  I do hope you all enjoyed a blessed Thanksgiving and are experiencing a beautiful start to your new week. With the feel of winter heavily upon us, I have finally gotten back into the groove of knitting and am working on a number of Christmas gifts. I've finished knitting two of these headbands and am working on a third.  I still have to block and sew the ends together, but I am so pleased with the way they are turning out.  The pattern is very simple to follow and knits up quickly. I was able to use left-overs in my remnant basket, Capra CashmereAndean Treasure, and Swish Worsted. These warm little headbands will be tucked into the older girls' Christmas stockings.
I'm still working on the Little Bud's sweater for Little #9. I had intended to have this sweater finished for her to wear last spring, but after slamming my hand in the car door, I was unable to knit for several months.  When my finger finally healed, summer was in full swing, and I hardly ever picked up my knitting.  A row may have been knit here and there while sitting on the porch, but usually I ended up tearing more out than I knit. Now that I am back in the swing of knitting, I still am having difficulty finishing this sweater, and it haunts me and taunts me, sitting in my knitting bag begging to be completed.  I want this sweater done! I have decided that I am going to do what it takes to finish it in time to give it to Little #9 for Christmas. I am working on the final sleeve and (hopefully) will be able to block and sew on buttons very soon.  I do hope she likes it.
I've also been working on these boot cuffs.  When my older girls told me they wanted colorful socks to wear with their boots, I thought these cuffs would be perfect.  I chose Chroma Worsted, and I am having such fun working with this yarn. It's fascinating watching the stripes evolve. The finished pair was made using the Sugar Cookie colorway, and I am now working on Vermont.  When I started this project, I realized the needles I needed were already being used on the sleeve of the Little Bud's sweater.  Not wanting to wait until I finished the sweater (that beautiful new yarn just had to be worked with immediately), I decided it was time to learn the magic loop method of knitting in the round. After many unsuccessful attempts, I finally found this tutorial (for dummies) and was able to make sense of the process and successfully knit a few rounds.  I am so glad that I was forced to learn this method because I now love it.  I just want to keep knitting up these cute little boot cuffs...oh, goodness, just another thing to keep me from finishing that nagging sweater!

Even though my days are still very full, it feels good to finally be at home most of the time, doing the crafts and handiwork that I enjoy so much.  In fact, due to freezing rain, the entire day on Sunday was spent at home tucked inside our cozy home, and Hubby practically insisted that I do nothing but sit in my chair and knit.  I made no argument.

What are you working on this season?  I would love to have you share your handiwork by leaving a comment or link.  It's always fun to see what others are creating.

Linking up with Nicole and Ginny.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the link to the pattern for the boot cuffs. I might give them a try for one of my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those headbands, how pleasing to be able to use up oddments of yarn to make them up. Hope you're keeping warm and cosy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boot cuffs look brilliant, what gorgeous wool. I like the head band idea too and that sweater is looking great so good luck finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely projects you have chosen for your Christmas knitting, small but beautiful :). I have a project like your sweater on my needles too. I started it back in September, it's a scarf with an eight patten repeat it is taking ages to grow because it is knitted in 4ply. I have set myself the task of knitting at least one round of pattern per day to get it done in time for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh lovely knitting Emily. I especially love the boot tops, the yarn is gorgeous. I've just begun to make a Dolan beret...I love the shape of the hat and it's such a nice small project to do.

    here's my link: http://cookingupastorminateacup.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/december-days.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boot cuffs are truely beautiful! Your lucky girls will love them.
    And I can feel your joy working with this magical yarn seeping through your words and pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just learned the magic loop method this summer, and I'm flabergasted that I've wasted years of knitting on DPN's!! Well, not really wasted, but really? I'll never go back! Love the boot toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best Corporate Video Production Company in Bangalore and top Explainer Video Company in Bangalore , 3d, 2d Animation Video Makers in Chennai

    Thank you for this awesome post… it’s very helpful …..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...