Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 11, 2015

A Playdate Dress


Pattern:  Oliver + S, Playdate Dress

Notions: Vintage buttons, bias tape found at a yard sale

Fabric:  Navy and white polka dot cotton found on sale for $2.00/yard, white linen recycled from a thrifted curtain panel











A little more therapeutic, spring sewing filled my free afternoons, this time for Little #9.  I love the classic lines and unique details of the Oliver + S patterns, and the Playdate dress ranks high on my list of favorites. The contrasting yoke with flat piping is so sweet, and I love the unique way the hem is sewn, allowing for such creativity with the use of fabrics and colors.  I thought it would be fun to add a splash of hidden color on the hem duplicating the piping around the yoke.   I am so happy with the way this little dress turned out, and Little #9 is equally pleased.  I already have plans for another using vintage calico from my stash. Sewing is such a win-win situation for me...de-stressing therapy for me, smiles and excitement for the Littles.

Sharing on Frontier Dreams


7 comments:

  1. What an adorable dress! It looks so sweet on your munchkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous dress, I love the look of that pattern and your fabric/piping choices are just perfect, she looks so cute in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Emily, absolutely wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness sakes - it's so perfectly wonderful. I love the little band of yellow on the inside of the bottom. Such attention to detail always makes a big difference. You are very talented/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely little dress! Love the yellow trim XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really adore this dress. Posts like this one make me want to learn to sew better so I could make cute little clothes for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been dying to join you in sewing. I get so enthused when I come over here to start stitching. I love those Oliver + S patterns. So cute, and little 9 looks so sweet modelling hers. At last I've got my sewing machine out...wish we could have sewing bees together...
    dx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...