Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

December 4, 2013

One of Those Days





We all know those days, or even weeks. Everyone experiences them from time to time, and things usually do get better. It may just be a bit murky as you trudge through to the brighter side.  I'm not going to go into the details of the little things that bogged me down today because, really, they are so trivial in comparison to the suffering of so many others around me.  I'm truly blessed, and I want to stay reminded of those many blessings.  Talking about and listing all the things that needed my attention today would do nothing but drag me back into the murk, unnecessarily.  In the end, I let go of the fact that school lessons were not getting done today.  The air was warm; the sun was bright, and the freshly fallen snow was still a novelty calling the Littles to come play in it.  I reminded myself that fresh air and exercise is always good.  Trading a bit of book learning for some good old fashioned winter fun is simply okay.  I had some time to gather my thoughts, prepare supper and even fold a basket of laundry.  All is good tonight.  Like I said, it was all trivial; many things needed my attention all at the same time, and I would become a very selfish person if I allowed myself to dwell on the discomfort of days like today.  The many directions we get pulled in, the decisions we have to make, the obstacles that we must overcome only prove to strengthen us if we can move through them with perseverance and grace.

6 comments:

  1. Its always good to keep in mind that even if we're having one of "those days", its still probably a better day than a lot of people are having, though of course it doesn't seem like that at the time. And getting outside does seem to make things better - I am a strong believer in fresh air and just a little change of scenery to alter the path of the day. And sled rides I think count double for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm not the only one that has conversations with myself in order to change my mood or thinking. So encouraging to hear you counting your blessings and reaffirming your priorities. When I change my thinking I am renewed. You too from what I have read today. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes Emily, I know those days only too well. That's when I have a serious talk only with myself it goes something like this, You know that you meaning me are truly blessed in many ways and this so called bad day is only a message to remind me of that. Perhaps if those bad days never happened I may take too much for granted. We just take the good with the bad. Your children are beautiful! Time for you to hop aboard one of those sleds may as well join in on the fun. Lisa @ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we all have a 'day' on occasion. You have a wonderful way of putting things into perspective and knowing that this too shall pass.
    Wishing you a better day,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Days like the one you describe always throw me for a loop! We cruise through so many days with such joy and ease that when we have a day that's rough it makes it that much tougher I think! I am hoping that today was a better day than yesterday! Oh, and please, send some of that gorgeous snow our way! It's not feeling quite like December since we have not had our first good snowfall yet! Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your children are adorable! Enjoy the time in the snow..take the day as it comes. The schoolwork WILL get done...sneak it in when they come in and are ready to settle down...you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...