Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May 16, 2013

Carmel Baby Knock-Off Outfits

I simply adore the European style of clothing for children...the subdued colors, the prints of the fabrics, the simple designs...so timeless.  Little #10 and Little #9 are quickly outgrowing their clothes and are in need of some warmer weather items (not so sure about today, though; it feels like another wool sweater and sock day), so I started browsing one of my favorite online boutiques, Caramel Baby , and found a few items that really caught my eye. 
Carmel Baby
Carmel Baby
Carmel Baby
I fell in love with the style of these little shorts, but definitely not the price! After the conversion,  they would cost $89.85 and then add in the shipping from the UK...yikes!  So, see kate sew came to the rescue with this great bloomers tutorial.  I made two, a boy version and a girl version for free! I used fabric I had stashed away (in almost the exact shade of gray as the designer pair).  I can't remember how much I paid for the yard I used, but I know it was pennies, literally.

The Carmel Baby Lear Shirt would cost me $94.42 plus shipping...I made mine for about $2.00!  The fabric was yarn dyed voile that I found at Fabric.com on clearance for $3.50 a yard (and I used about 3/4 yard). I traced one of Little #10's t-shirts as a simple pattern and used this button placket tutorial.

I am so happy with the way the outfits turned out...they actually are better than I expected!  Love it when that happens, don't you?!?! 

 Boy Version
My Daughter's Photography


My Daughter's Photography


Girl Version
My Daughter's Photography
  

The Prawle Baby top would also have cost $94.42 plus shipping, but using this tutorial, I was able to make it for less than $2.00...yay!!!  Okay, I know it's not Liberty, but I saved over $92.00!  For a feminine touch, I added little bows to the legs of Little #9's shorts.  Oh, the shoes were thrifted for $2.50.

Some Action Shots
My Daughter's Photography

My Daughter's Photography


8 comments:

  1. Brilliant! much better than the 'designer' ones : ) you must be pretty handy with your sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment...you are right, those first comments mean so much! I think I have read and reread your first comment a 100 times. ;)
      Thanks for coming back!

      I do enjoy sewing, and with all the wonderful sewing blogs and tutorials, I've learned quite a bit.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I am obsessed. You did such a beautiful job. I love the simplicity of Carmel designs. So much better than the pink baby clothing plastered with characters. Yucky. I wish I had your sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, Brittany; I don't like the character-plastered kids' clothes that we see so much of today either.
    Thanks for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, you are so talented! I have grands that would love these clothes. You have inspired me to sew up some pretty outfits! Thanks!

    Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think u did awesome! and the photography says My Daughter's Photography -is that your daughter taking pix or the name of your company? whoever is taking the pix has some great talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures that are labeled "My Daughter's Photography" were taken by my oldest daughter. She loves photography and hopes to be a photo journalist someday. The other photos are ones that I have taken. Thank you for the compliment...I will be sure to share it with my daughter; she will be pleased. :)

      Delete
  6. Ι've been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website. Studying this information So i'm happу to show that I've an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most unquestionably will make sure to don?t overlook this web site and give it a look on a constant basis.

    Also visit my web-site - baby boutique clothes boy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...